Monday, January 27, 2014

Sharing a new favorite blog: TBD Teacher

(Note:  This was originally supposed to be my November Blog.  My apologies!)

In reconnecting with former colleagues via Facebook, I discovered that an eighth grade LA teacher that I really admire has a public blog:  TBD Teacher.  Judi is an INCREDIBLE teacher - beloved by students and parents alike.  Over Winter Break, I read her post about her resolutions to be more organized.  I can ALWAYS use more strategies for organization - particularly when I feel like I am constantly multi-tasking.  Although I no longer pile papers (at least as much as I used to), I feel like I am "piling" things digitally.  I need a plan!

Based on Judi's recommendation in her blog, I immediately bought The Together Teacher by Maia Heyck-Merlin.  Of course, by the time it arrived, we were back at school, and I have yet to open it.  However, based on Judi's post, I was already able to incorporate some of the author's ideas.  I now have my own Trapper Keeper - just like my students - that contains most of what I use on a daily basis.  I have tabs for schedules, calendars, grades for each class, school information, etc.  Yes, this is all online.  However, I am just old-fashioned enough that sometimes it is faster for me to open the binder than it is for me to log-in and access that information.  Besides, I don't always have my computer with me, and the iPhone screen seems incredibly small when I am looking up grades!

I love that my friend Judi updates her blog consistently, and she is always willing to share her best ideas with the world.  She is a true inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment